Started Sailing

Type of Block?

by Lucy
(Washington D.C.)

This is kind of an odd question, but I thought maybe you could answer it. Someone gave me a pendant that he said was of something used in sailing. It's oval and has two holes in it, kind of like an 8 symbol. He said that it's used to connect two ropes that are coming from different directions, and to move these ropes quickly and easily around the boat. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Thank you!!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Expert!.

Random Tip of the Day:

Find Started Sailing on Facebook
Follow Started Sailing on Twitter

Smooth Sailing
Sailing Games
Sailing Photos

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Copyright EMAR Publishers © 2009-2011